Pages

Sunday 11 December 2011

Twelve Tags of Christmas 11 - Water splats and Embossing


OK then, the only thing I had in the way of supplies for this task was a 'Faded Denim Distress Ink' Anyone who has been kind enough to drop in on my recent efforts will know that this has been par for my course! Has that stopped me? Oh no, not a jot....quite the contrary in fact! Using techniques learnt this week on previous tags, coupled with the 'water splats'  from Tim blog today, I tried to emulate the  look of shrink plastic and to infuse my tag with as much texture as I could manage.

For the tag itself, I swooshed distress ink over paper, water splatted it, dried with a heat gun and  stamped and embossed snowflakes. I die cut 3 baubles using a Quickutz die, embossed them with a freebie folder, coloured the 'debossed' element with Sakura pens and found 3 clear plastic domed tags which (mostly) fitted over the baubles. I cut out the tree and added a sentiment.




15 comments:

Karen said...

Lovely-what a great idea to emboss a simple circle!

YuliaM said...

Very nice tag! And those ornaments on the tree!

Sue said...

Snort! "Water splats!" You have done a marvelous job making do with what you have. So very clever these things you keep coming up with.

I love what you did with your tree and ornaments. Love the color too! I love blues.

Unknown said...

Great interpretation of Tim's tag! You do beautiful work!

TonyR said...

very clever, elegant and stylish tag!
lovely colours!
you are very adept at improvising! love it xx

YuliaM said...

I'm very glad you're following my blog! I've joined yours. Let's have fun in the craftworld together:))

Maria said...

This is lovely, Anna!! I love the embossing, the colors, the whole tag is beautiful! Great job!!

Lisa Somerville said...

How pretty - love the embossing! Fab take on day 11!

Unknown said...

Love the look you got with your baubles, they turned out great!

LisaVeronica said...

THANK YOU FOR YOUR COMMENT. YOU ARE REALLY DOING AN AWESOME JOB WITH THE 12 TAGS OF CHRISTMAS! DOING YOUR OWN THING IS COOL :)

なな☆ Nanahoshi said...

Beautiful!!! I love this tag!

Kari's Home said...

You make so beautiful .. tags Anna:))

Silvia(Barnie) said...

How cool, great take on Tag 11.

anna christensen crafts said...

Thank you all for leaving lovely comments on here - it is appreciated so very much!

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for your comments on my blog! Through your comments I found your blog and I will definitely be following you. I love your craftiness. You are very resourceful and creative. Merry Christmas!