Pages

Saturday 3 December 2011

12 tags of christmas...tag 2 - Planet Anna is a happy place!

II




Planet Anna is a happy place! thanks you for dropping by!

Hi, welcome to my new little 'nest' on the web, an English crafter invites you to come on in and tarry a while! why not take a look at my other stuff - even better if you would like to 'join me as a follower' My little blog is only 6 days old and I have had such a thrill that so many of you have visited my site from far flung corners of the world.  I would like to come see your blogs too.


I didn't expect this... my space was just set up  to keep a record of my stuff for my daughter to see -and maybe, if I get brave, so I would have a blog address to go in for challenges.

Inspired by the wonderful Reindeer tag Tim Holtz produced, as well as the amazing collection that is being amassed on his website, I have made one in a style that is  so different for me.

When I was hunting through my stash to find supplies, I found lots of little blingy bits and pieces that have sat around in my craft stash  for years. I used one and waddya know, before I could even say '12 Tags of Christmas', I'd used the lot!

As my funds for crafting are mostly pretty non existent (College Lecturer, single parent, mortgage) I was pleased that I was using stuff up ...I hardly buy craft stash these days, I save for the basics, Distress inks and Tim Holtz clings etc, Tims comments on using what you've got already this project has REALLY hit a note with me.  Stamping and paper crafting are such a fashion industry that it is so hard not to be seduced by the latest items and feel that your old stuff is - well - old! I've looked at my stash with a new pair of eyes tonight! things I had bought 3 or 4 years ago look bright and fresh again and I remember why I liked them in the first place.

4 comments:

TonyR said...

hi Anna ... thanks for your kind comments! It would be lovely to have you as a 'follower'!! Also fabulous to know I am not the only one in this area obsessed with distress!! LOL! I have been into HRH Tim's stuff for a few years now and i buy almost all his products! [i'd be happy to share if there is anything you particularly like!] I give nearly all my cards to The Sussex Beacon shops [some in Hove too i think]
I'm just about to blog my 'day 2' cards i finished last night.
Have a lovely weekend, TonyR

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Wonderful, fantastic Christmas feeling.

anna christensen crafts said...

Thank you for your kind comments - as a newbie blogger I am so excited to see these - you are inspiring me to keep on with my creative journey and to keep blogging - do come join me - it may be a bumpy ride ;)

Maria said...

I love how you used buttons on your tag, Anna! So creative! I can't wait to see all your other Tim tags!!!!