Pages

Tuesday 31 July 2012

Tim Holtz Technique Tag and Proud News

This Christmas tag was made using a great Tim Holtz technique and foil tape (do buy this book if you don't own it already, it is a brilliant source of inspiration) Out of respect to Tim, the technique will not be described here. This was the first time I had used the foil tape and it is fabby dabby doo to work with. I am entering this into the lovely technique challenge at Studio L3 and Lisa Somerville's Bloggers Challenge - Christmas in July. I am also entering this into the Anything Goes challenge at Fashionable Stamping challenges
Studio L3    Christmas in July        T!m Holtz   Anything Goes

My proud news? I've been published for the first time and I couldn't be happier. I have surely been Futterwaken down in Hove (no it's not rude! tis a dance from Alice in Wonderland) I have an article coming up in Craft Stamper... peeps who subscribe are getting their copies now, otherwise it comes out on August 3rd 
I'm on page 38, I think I shall make that my new lucky number!

 Honestly, if this is one of your dreams (um, to get yourself published, not me getting published, that's MY dream... and I'm not done with it yet, although you are quite welcome to dream me getting published AGAIN if you've nowt better to do with your time... or you are really kind... or a Wish Fairy!)  please GO for it. Life is short and wonderful things can happen if you try, but, you've got to try. Eight month's ago, I didn't even have a blog, now I look at people's work from all over the world and am inspired to dream my little arty dreams in TECHNICOLOUR. For this, I thank the blogging world so very much... off to Futterwack a bit more now.

17 comments:

Words and Pictures said...

Fantastic - so many congratulations on getting published! And a lovely tag... I've got a CCII waiting for me at home, and I can't wait to start playing!
Alison x

Sandra said...

What super news! So cool that you've been published! And your tag is stunning! Love the snow on the cage! Hugs, sandra

Sandy said...

Congratulations on being published and your tag is wonderful!
Sandy

Fliss said...

Congratulations on your fab news Anna and I'll have a peek tomorrow as my copy arrived yesterday and I'm saving it to read on our flight tomorrow.
Look forward to seeing it and love your enameled tag which looks fabulous.
Fliss xx

Silvia(Barnie) said...

You've created a wonderful tag. Thanks for joining us at FSC this fortnight.
The book is really great :)
Congrats on being published :)

Mrs.B said...

Hi Anna, what fab news - Congratuations!
This is a wonderful tag, love the colour.
Avril xx

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Futterwacken with you!!!! One , two, three and back...one, two, three and back. SOOOOOOO PROUD OF YOU!!!!
Love your little tag as well! The background is fabulous, and love the ruler trim!

Jenny Marples said...

HUGE CONGRATS ANNA!!!!!! Must get that issue now! What an honour - and well deserved too as your art is so inspirational.
Loving that tag. As ever you add so much depth and detail to your pieces. Hugs, Buttons x

Sue said...

Yay!!! Jumping up and down and doin my own speshul dantcin here! (Imagine Snoopy as Schroder plays the piano!) Huge, mongo congrats on getting published. I'll be looking for the publication so I can see for myself what's on page 38!

Oh, and your tag...fabulous, as always, in that special Anna way!

Redanne said...

I think I must be as excited as you are Anna! Many, many congratulations and very well deserved. Love this latest tag too - tis fabulous. Crafty hugs, Anne x

anna christensen crafts said...

Thank you all so much for your lovely comments, they have made me so happy.

Maria said...

Woo hoo!!!! That is AWESOME news, lady!! I am so very proud of you!!

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful holiday card, love the added "joy" to the birdcage! BIG congrats on your publication! Thanks for playing along with the Bloggers Challenge!

Ellie Knol said...

You've created such a beautiful creation, these colors are so gorgeous!!!! LOVE the background...

xxx Ellie xxx

ps thanks for joining us at FSC!

Terry said...

First off, CONGRATULATIONS! What wonderful news and you must be so excited. Someday, I may submit something - I keep saying! Love the birdcage card. So pretty! Thank you for joining us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges!

Donna Gibson said...

Lovely tag, Anna, especially those little burlap flowers! They add a nice texture. Congrats on being published! I get that magazine on my iPad and your card project was beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Hmm is аnyone еlse hаving prοblеms with the pictures on this blοg loаding?
I'm trying to find out if its a problem on my end or if it's the blog.
Аny suggestіonѕ would be greаtly аρpreсiated.


Μy ѕite - kne
Feel free to visit my web site -