Pages

Sunday 1 April 2012

Spring - A touch of Whimsy! - Gibson Girl goes to OZ

   Another beautiful day down on the South Coast of England... Spring! Even the word fills my heart with joy!
   Somewhat influenced by the Graphic45 site, where I read childhood memories relating to the Wizard of Oz, I watched the film whilst crafting - you may notice a slight influence on this project! I also have very happy memories of doing a long  tour of the Wizard of Oz around England in the late 90's when I worked as a Wardrobe Mistress in the Theatre.
   While crafting, for no apparent reason, I  found myself imagining how a 1950's TV presenter would have given the instructions for part of the project, perhaps during 'Womans Hour' If you can manage the clipped 'received pronunciation' that was 'de rigueur' on British Television during this period when reading the next paragraph... it works well!

   'Hello viewers, I do hope you have had a good day. This afternoon, we will be making a super little Spring themed project. Firstly, you will need two Flying pigs from Graphic45. Fussy cut them and add Glossy Accents to their wings... Apply with a light hand... not too much now! ... less is more'

Ah, Halcyon days indeed! And yes, I do know the Wizard of Oz had flying monkey's not pigs... I started this off in black and white (sort of) and then moved into brighter and brighter colours - Just Like The Fillum! 

The Players:

Dorothy - The Beautiful Gibson Girl
The Flying Monkey's - Graphic45 Flying Pigs
The Wizard of Oz - a T!m Holtz Gentleman

Special Mentions... The Yellow Brick Road uses Tim Holtz's mosaic technique... Thanks awfully Timothy! The part of the Balloon Basket was also played by a Tim Holtz dress form stamp




The Challenge this week over at Our Creative Corner is...'How Green is Your Spring?' Spring makes me think of new beginnings and journey's and this project is also pretty green even though my camera made the background look blue!, so I am entering!Our Creative Corner - How Green is your Spring? and also the lovely Transport challenge (Balloons and Dancing!) at:  Sunday Stampers
Anyone who has this Graphic45 paper will know it's green - very green - not according to my camera though!



Making details with Alcohol Ink


Gibson Girl - I love her expression

Making the Yellow Brick Road - Steampunk Style
You look like a balloon basket ! Come with me!

15 comments:

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Anna
I do have the G45 Paper and I can vouch that it is Green, I love your interpretation of Spring, makes a change from seeing flowers, although I am not saying that flowers are not Okay.....you have thought outside the box which personally I love, and I am so pleased you joined us this week at OCC we are thrilled to see your work.
Smiles:)

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

The balloon basket from a dressform? You are a genius...a creative genius! Every little detail and your story telling are out of the worldly box Anna! Amazing....and I so love those biggies...I mean monkeys!!! Thank you for joining us at Our Creative Corner this week!!! Love your ingenuity and creativeness!

Redanne said...

Love your project Anna, very inspired and very Spring-like. The balloon from the dress form is such a great idea, I did a balloon too.

Kaz Hall said...

Gorgeous! feels like spring x

kaz x

Jo Capper-Sandon said...

lol That quintessential 'Hove actually' pronunciation rather suited you my dear...bravo.

And a tip-top bit of crafting too!

Bonkers but brilliant!

Tis sunny along this way too :0)

Sue said...

Whoda thunk to use the dressform UPSIDE DOWN for a balloon basket? Why you, of course! Absotively amazing tag. Every little inch of it.

Sandra said...

Love this! It's so much fun to look at! It tells a whole story!

Yvonne said...

Where do I start, I LOVE this, Anna! All aspects are brilliant!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Fantastic, love the flying pigs.

Rita said...

Wowee. this is a fantastic piece of artwork. Love the colours too. I can't stop looking at it. However, I do have to go now. Hugs Rita xxxx

Hels Sheridan said...

ahh, very clever, love the balloon basket - that is sooo cool! Loving your creation, so much to look at! Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper... have a good week x

Tracey C - Unicorncrafter said...

Amazing piece of artwork, what a great creation and full of great techniques.

Carol said...

Love your flying pigs infact all of it.

Maria said...

This is sooo fun and creative! I love how your art always has a story ... I hope you have a wonderful, creative rest of your week! And thank you, as always, for the kindest comments on my blog! XOXO

Anne Marie Hile said...

So beautiful and so creative! Wow! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Our Creative Corner! :)