Pages

Tuesday 28 August 2012

Happy Birthday, Happy Birthday, La la lah!

The title to this post needs to be hummed! Any one old enough to remember the band Altered Images? Clare Grogan the singer, Happy Birthday the song... now there's a memory from the early eighties! Ah, happy, carefree times. I digress!
I love wrapping presents and coordinating papers and ribbons making even the simplest gifts look pretty. As I finished the last one of my daughters gifts... I realised I had totally forgotten to make her a card (shame on me!) It's late, so this is probably the quickest card I have made in years... not a stamp in sight! just 2 pieces of free paper from a craft magazine and some dodgy freehand cutting, I like it though. 
Happy 15th Els... you are and always will be the best thing I ever made!
xxx
Kept it to one colour... couldn't find anything to disguise the Wok though! No, it's not cleverly disguised in the photo's!! Small gifts, loadsa love.

9 comments:

NanaDiana said...

Happy, Happy birthday to your daughter! Blessings- xo Diana

Sue said...

Happy Birthday Els! Hope you have a fabby day.

Connie said...

Hello Anna, There is lot of love in your card and that's what your daughter will remember. Happy Birthday Els!


Thank you so much for the encouraging words you left on my new blog. It is a little bit scary to venture out into selling at a booth. I appreciate all the reassurance that I can get. Thank you, you are a sweetie, and thank you, too, for following my market blog Connie :)

Jenny Marples said...

Happy Birthday Els. Hope you have a great day. And as for you Mrs C! You've got me singing Clare Grogan style now! Those definitely were the days:) Love the last minute card. Hugs, Buttons x

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Happy Birthday to your daughter, hope she enjoys her day :)

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Oh my goodness I didn't know it was her birthday!!! Your presents are fabby!!! Love the union jack in her style...lol!!! That is fabulous! Happy Birthday ELS!!!!!

Words and Pictures said...

Great card, and super pretty wrapping on the presents... and yup, I'm with you on the Altered Images - ouch!
Alison x

Janny Jager said...

Happy Birthday to your daughter and the card is beautiful.

Greetings Janny

Ana K. said...

Great card Anna!